Aligning with my 2016 goal of growth, March will be about continuing to grow in all aspects of my life. But first, I like to reflect. The past couple of months have reaffirmed my belief in setting intentions and manifesting the life you want to live. When you clearly state your goals and then take action as if they are already true, amazing things happen.
February goal check-in:
- Start training for my half marathon. I officially started training during the last week in February, and I'm excited to keep going. I already have learned so much and I shared my reflections and tips.
- Get back into studio yoga classes by attending at least three times this month. I returned to the studio and even inquired about a work-study program it offers. I am eagerly awaiting news.
- Continue saving money. I'm following a plan to save a certain amount each week; I save an amount equivalent to the week of the year it is. Following this plan and saving an extra $25 a month has allowed me to add $103.76 to savings so far this year. This may not sound like much, but I have been paying much larger debt payments at the same time.
- Work on my list of simplifying tasks. I made monumental progress toward decluttering and simplifying in February after reading "The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up" by Marie Kondo.
- Practice single-tasking. I often start doing one thing, think of an idea, open a new browser window and then find myself emailing, blogging, tweeting, reading or researching. Twenty minutes will pass before I realize I was in the middle of something that I need to finish. I want to try to focus on one thing at a time in March. I don't want the quality of the work I do to diminish because I have too much going on. I want to do everything to the best of my ability.
- Continuing training for my half marathon and enter the lottery for the Chicago Marathon. The application process for the 2016 Chicago Marathon begins March 15! I can't wait to see how it goes. I also want to stay on track for half-marathon training, especially when I am in Phoenix for a wedding this month.
- Find a yoga teaching job or enroll in work-study at my local studio. I inquired about the work-study program at one of the studios I love, and I hope to hear back this week. If that doesn't work out, I will continue to look for a class or two to teach in Chicago. Anyone want to get together for yoga so I can practice my skills?
- Limit dining out to once a week (or less frequently than that). The only exception to this is when I visit Phoenix for a wedding, because it might not be realistic.
- Continue saving and paying down debt.
What are your March goals?