** This post contains affiliate links.
This post was inspired by the popular tag on YouTube about products YouTubers made us all buy. These are just five of the makeup products I wanted to buy after hearing rave reviews about them on YouTube. Of course, there are countless makeup products I've heard about that sound amazing, but when it comes to beauty products, I stick to cruelty-free and mostly affordable. Check out some of the makeup I was compelled to buy and what I think about each:
- Wet 'n Wild Megalast Liquid Catsuit Lipstick ($4.99): I recently saw several YouTubers rave about these affordable liquid lipsticks while searching for new lip colors to wear. I have a recent goal of wearing lipstick more often, and these seemed like a great option. I invested in a few shades and so far I love them. They last a decent amount of time on the lips and they are easy to apply.
- Milani Luminoso blush (about $8): Jaclyn Hill, Kathleen Lights and many others have called this blush a favorite and I can see why. First, the packaging is lovely. It also applies nicely and looks good on a variety of skin tones. It is my go-to blush.
- Milani Make It Last Setting Spray (about $10): This is a recent purchase, so I don't have too many thoughts on it yet besides it smells nice and the spray isn't too forceful.
- Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer (about $13): I bought this because of Kathleen Lights, but I purchased it online before swatching it. Had I tried it in person I would have seen that it's a bit too light for me most of the year. I am able to use it when my tan has faded, though. It smells like a tropical paradise, as I'm sure you've heard, and the packaging is cute.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance eyeshadow palette ($42): Pretty much every single YouTuber I've ever watched has given this palette positive reviews. I kept seeing it and admiring the beautiful shades, so I added it to my Christmas wish list and Santa brought it to me! I used it exclusively during a recent vacation and loved how I could do a variety of looks with the eyeshadows. The packaging gets easily dirty, but it's still lovely.
Have you purchased anything specifically because you heard about it from a YouTuber? What was it and what did you think?